- Observe flow of materials and listen for machine malfunctions, such as jamming or spillage, and notify supervisors if corrective actions fail.
- Fill or remove product from trays, carts, hoppers, or equipment, using scoops, peels, or shovels, or by hand.
- Set temperature and time controls, light ovens, burners, driers, or roasters, and start equipment, such as conveyors, cylinders, blowers, driers, or pumps.
- Observe temperature, humidity, pressure gauges, and product samples and adjust controls, such as thermostats and valves, to maintain prescribed operating conditions for specific stages.
- Read work orders to determine quantities and types of products to be baked, dried, or roasted.
- Record production data, such as weight and amount of product processed, type of product, and time and temperature of processing..
- Weigh or measure products, using scale hoppers or scale conveyors.
- Take product samples during or after processing for laboratory analyses.. See more Production Worker Jobs